Daniel Zutter was born in 1963 in Basel, Switzerland. He completed his studies in medicine at the University of Basel and is an FMH-certified specialist in internal medicine and neurology. For around 20 years he has been working in the field of neurorehabilitation. After spending five years working in the Department of Neurology at University Hospital Bern under the direction of Prof. C. W. Hess und Prof. C.L. Bassetti, he became a senior physician at an epilepsy clinic and later senior physician at Clinica Hildebrandt Centro di riabilitazione Brissago. In 2008, he became Medical Director of Rehaklinik Zihlschlacht, which is considered to be Switzerland’s largest center dedicated fully to neurorehabilitation (135 beds). With the founding of the robot-assisted mobility center, he made the use of robots standard practice in helping treat neurology patients. Daniel Zutter formerly served as secretary of the Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Neurorehabilitation and is a co-founder of the World Federation for NeuroRehabilitation’s (WFNR) special work group on robotic rehabilitation. He is married with two children and lives in Amriswil.
- Since 2008
- senior consultant/Medical Director Rehaklinik Zihlschlacht AG
- 2003 – 2008
- Head physician of neurology, Clinica Hildebrand, Centro di riabilitazione Brissago
- 2001 – 2002
- Senior physician, Klinik Bethesda, Tschugg, Department of Epileptology and Neurorehabilitation
- 1998 – 2001
- Assistant physician, Department of Neurology, Poliklinik Inselspital Bern
- 1995 – 1997
- Assistant physician, Internal Medicine, KS Lucerne
- 1993 – 1995
- Assistant physician, Internal Medicine, Hôpital régional Delémont
- 1992 – 1993
- Assistant physician, Internal Medicine, Spital Menziken
Education and degrees
- Dissertation under mentorship of Prof. C. Bassetti
- Certificate of proficiency for electroencephalography
- Certificate of proficiency for electroneurography
- FMH-certified neurologist
- FMH specialist examination for internal medicine
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
- Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Neurorehabilitation (SGNR)
- Swiss Neurological Society (SGN)
- Swiss Society of General Internal Medicine (SSGIM)
- International Medical Board, VAMED (Vorstand)
- Swiss Society of Sleep Research, Sleep Medicine and Chronobiology
- Active Member of the European Neurological Society
- The World Federation of NeuroRehabilitation (WFNR)
Publications and lectures
- Braun T, Marks D, Thiel C, Zietz D, Zutter D, Grüneberg C: Effects of additional, dynamic sup-ported standing practice on functional recovery in patients with sub-acute stroke: a randomized pilot and feasibility trial. Clin Rehabil 30: 374-82, 2016.
- Urban M, Dewor A, Probst R, Zutter D: Robotiktherapie: klinische Integration oder Konkurrenz? Erfahrungsbericht aus einer neurologischen Rehabilitationsklinik. pt_Zeitschrift für Physiotherapeuten 67: 2-6, 2015.
- Eicher S, Dewor A, Schweinfurther R, Marks D, Möller JC, Urban M, Zutter D. Rapid strength and eccentric muscle training in neurorehabilitation. European Congress of NeuroRehabilitation, Lausanne 2017.
- Dewor, C. Möller, L.P. Paredes, R. Schweinfurther, O. Stoller, D. Zutter. Advanced Robotic Therapy Integrated Centers (ARTIC).