Günter Kramer (*1952 in Germany) studied psychology (up until his pre-diploma examination) and medicine at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (Germany). After his licensure (1977), he completed his specialist training and doctorate at the university’s hospital. From 1982 to 1994 he was senior physician at the Department of Neurology at University Medical Center Mainz, where he also focused on epilepsy in his work. From 1994 to mid-2013, he was senior consultant and Medical Director of the Swiss Epilepsy Center (EPI) in Zurich. He has been working at NeuroCentre Bellevue since 2013.
Dr. Krämer is a member of Swiss, German and American professional associations. He has been President of the Swiss League Against Epilepsy since 2001 and has a seat on numerous national and international expert committees. From 2009 to 2013, for example, he was a member of the treatment committee of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) and was appointed to its Educational Commission from 2013 to 2017. In 2003, he received the Ambassador for Epilepsy Award from the ILAE.
He is the author/co-author and publisher/co-editor of numerous textbooks and specialist journals as well as book and magazine articles. In addition to publishing for specialists in the field, he has also published books for people with epilepsy and their relatives.
Publications and lectures
- Krämer G. Epilepsy. Die Krankheit erkennen, verstehen und gut damit leben.4th edition. TRIAS Verlag in Medizinverlage Stuttgart (MVS), Stuttgart 2013, ISBN 978-3-8304-6716-8.
- Krämer G. Diagnose Epilepsie. Kurz & bündig: Wie Sie die Krankheit verstehen, die besten Therapien für sich nutzen und Ihren Alltag optimieren.2nd edition. TRIAS Verlag in MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart, Stuttgart 2012, ISBN 978-3-8304-6695-6.
- Krämer G. Lexikon der Epileptologie. Hippocampus Verlag, Bad Honnef 2012, ISBN 978-3-936817-86-7.
- Krämer G, Appleton R. Epilepsie. Ein illustriertes Wörterbuch für Kinder und Jugendliche und ihre Eltern.4th edition, revised and significantly expanded. Hippocampus Verlag, Bad Honnef 2011, ISBN 978-3-936817-71-3.
- Krämer G, Zeipelt A. Epilepsie – 100 Fragen, die Sie nie zu stellen wagten.Hippocampus Verlag, Bad Honnef 2011 (unrevised reprints 2012 and 2013), ISBN 978-3-936817-68-3.
- Krämer G, Wieser H-G, publ. for the Swiss League Against Epilepsy: Epilepsie-Bericht Schweiz 2002. Hippocampus Verlag, Bad Honnef 2002, ISBN 3-9806107-9-9