Dr. med. Konrad Scheglmann is an FMH-certified neurologist and specialist in clinical neurophysiology (EMG, evoked potentials, EEG) as well as neurointensive medicine.
Dr. med. Konrad Scheglmann studied medicine at the University of Heidelberg, where he also completed his specialist training in the Department of Neurology. He went on to work as senior physician in Augsburg, where he was in charge of the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology and senior physician in the Department of Neurological Intensive Care until 2016.
In 2007, Dr. Scheglmann and colleagues from the Neurosurgery, Hand Surgery and other departments founded the NervClub interdisciplinary study group focusing on peripheral nerves. He is one of the group’s board of directors. The association has published several interdisciplinary guidelines on carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome and injuries of the peripheral nervous system. The partnership with Prof. Bischoff and Prof. Schulte-Mattler was the precursor to the founding of Neurophysiologischen Fortbildungsakademie GmbH.
Dr. Scheglmann is a member of the scientific advisory board of the journal Klinische Neurophysiologie. He also served on the board of the Deutsche Myasthenie Gesellschaft until 2010. He is a member of various neurological professional associations, of the DGKN training committee, an instructor and examiner for EMG and evoked potentials. In 2003, he was President of the ANIM annual meeting in Augsburg. He has authored numerous publications and book articles.
- 2017 – present
- Practitioner, NeuroCentre Enge
- 2016 – present
- Practitioner, NeuroCentre Bellevue
- 2006 – present
- DGKN training committee
- 2000 – present
- Examiner for EMG and evoked potentials
- 1997 – present
- Instructor for EMG and evoked potentials
- Established the Stroke Unit at Klinikum Augsburg
- Certification for EMG and evoked potentials
- Senior physician in the Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology at Klinikum Augsburg (senior ward physician, emergency clinic, intensive care unit)
Education and degrees
- Doctorate: “Elektromyographische Befunde bei benignen Myopathien”
- Neurology specialist
- Assistant physician, Psychiatric Clinic Heppenheim
- Assistant physician, Neurology Clinic University Hospital Heidelberg
- Studies in human medicine in Heidelberg
- FMH member
- Member Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurologie (DGN)
- Member Deutsche Gesellschaft für klinische Neurophysiologie (DGKN)
- Member Deutsche Gesellschaft neurologische Intensiv-und Notfallmedizin (DGNI)
- Founding member of NervClub (interdisciplinary study group focusing on the peripheral nervous system), current board member of the NervClub
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the Deutsche Myasthenie Gesellschaft since 2000
- Scientific advisory board of the journal Klinische Neurophysiologie (Thieme) since 2004
Publications and lectures
Dr. med. Konrad Scheglmann is a regular speaker at neurology conferences across Europe (Italy, Portugal, Spain, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria) and the author of numerous publications and textbooks. He has been a lecturer at the DGKN’s Richard-Jung-Kolleg since 1997.